Camp Ooch Finds a Home in Toronto!
For the past three years we have been searching for a programming space in the city to call our own. Our list of needs has been very specific:
- Close to SickKids Hospital
- Can be given a “campy” look and feel
- Will engage kids who are not attracted to Ooch for a variety of reasons
- Will allow us to deliver programs that we are not capable of offering at the hospital
- Give new and current campers a chance to continue building friendships outside of the hospital walls and the camp property
- Can accommodate our administrative needs
It took us a lot of time and effort, but we finally found a place to call our own. This spring, we secured a long-term lease on a property at 464 Bathurst Street, just South of College Street.
We couldn’t be more excited! This location will not only be home to our offices, but it will provide us with all of the necessary space and amenities in order to provide our campers (new and current) with the programming and relationships that they can’t get anywhere else due to their illness. We’ll be able to train our volunteers and welcome our donor community here, we can’t wait to show it to you!
We are expecting to open our doors this fall, but in the meantime, we need your help to build the space! Please consider making a donation to the new site. Your support is greatly appreciated!