About Camp Oochigeas
Camp Oochigeas is a privately funded, volunteer based organization that provides kids with cancer and kids affected by childhood cancer with a unique opportunity for growth through challenging, fun, enriching and magical experiences.
Ooch allows kids with cancer to just be kids.
Summer Camp takes place at our campsite in Muskoka and consists of:
- Three, two-week sessions for children with cancer ages 6-15
- Teomul: a one-week session for bereaved siblings ages 6-19
- 7SCAPE: a one-week session for newly diagnosed teens with cancer ages 16-19
Weekends at Camp take place at our campsite in Muskoka throughout the fall and winter
Day Camp takes place in the city for children ages 4-7
Urban Ooch are one-day camp-style programs in the Toronto area
Ooch on the 8th at SickKids Hospital consists of:
- Programming seven days a week on the oncology floor at SickKids with five full-time In-Hospital Program Specialists
- Four evening programs a week led by Ooch Volunteers
- Weekly special events
- Three, four-day In-Hospital Camps throughout the year
Leader in Training (LIT) Program is a year-round program for young camp leaders (ages 16-19) affected by cancer that focuses on leadership skills and team building. It consists of:
- Upstream: one, two-week wilderness adventure
- Dog Sledding Expedition: Three-day leadership experience
Camp Ooch does not receive government funding, and relies on the generosity of volunteers and donors like you, in order to make the magic of camp happen!
Watch the Camp Oochigeas Video Here